Sensor Failures can be caused by a number of wireless devices within the home. Your system will announce a "Sensor failure". This is indicated by the system status key:
If the sensor exceeds 100ft from the panel, then a malfunction may occur.
Check for wireless environmental interference:
- Wireless internet routers near the panel can cause interference.
- Wireless internet routers near the sensors can cause interference.
- Plaster walls with metal wire can cause interference.
- AC lines running directly behind the panel can cause interference.
- Some cordless phones can cause interference, try powering down and test again.
- Check for a wireless doorbell near the panel.
Re-locate panel to a different area temporarily to identify stable wireless conditions:
- Operate on battery only if the panel is already mounted.
- After panel has been re-located for 30 minutes.
- Press the system status key immediately followed by the disarm key to refresh system status.
- Press the status key to determine system status (system ok, trouble conditions or open sensors).
Doing a sensor test is a good way to find and avoid interference. Have a look at the video below.