There are 4 different buttons on the Simon XT's keychain remote. The following will explain what they are and what they do.
1. The Disarm or Unlock Button: This button simply disarms the system and all of its sensors.
2. The Lock Button: This is slightly more complicated since it has 3 options. You can arm stay, arm away, or set the latchkey time:
- If you press the button once it arms the system for stay; the doors and windows will be armed
- If you press it twice it arms the system for away; the doors,windows and motions will be armed
- if you press it 3 times it sets up the latchkey time. This is a setting many people use to keep tabs on whether or not someone enters the premises on time. With this option enabled, if the panel is not disarmed at a certain time a notification is generated in the form of an email or text message (if you have LiveWatch Interactive or Complete), letting you know the panel was not disarmed before a certain time. However, this option is available if and only if the time is set up in the panel first.
3. The Light Button: The Simon XT has the option of setting up light modules that can be turned off and on with the push of a button, or scheduled on a timer. The Light button on the keychain will turn those lights off and on. This option is only available with LiveWatch Complete and compatible Z-Wave Light Modules or switches. Unless you have this level of monitoring and have installed compatible Z-Wave devices, the light button will not have any effect on your system.
4. The Star Button: This is for future use, not yet an available feature.
5. Holding the Lock and Unlock Buttons: Holding these buttons down sends a Panic Alarm through to the central station and the police will be immediately dispatched.