About every hour, your sensor will send a signal to your panel to confirm that it is functioning and reporting properly.
If the control panel does not hear from a particular sensor, it will announce a "Failure" when you check the status. This will show up as a malfunction on your LiveWatch control panel.
Common reasons that a sensor will go into "Failure" or "Malfunction" are:
- The sensor is too far from the control panel. If the sensor is further than 100ft from the panel, then a malfunction may occur.
- There is something causing Radio Frequency (RF) interference near that particular sensor or near the master control panel. Common devices that cause interference are:
- Wireless routers, telephones, gaming controllers or doorbells
- Large metallic objects such as refrigerators, or large screen T.V.s.
- Plaster walls with metal fibers
- Metal studs in your walls
- Interior concrete walls
- Try relocating a sensor that is not failing to be near the sensor that is failing. If this relocated sensor stops working, this will tell you it is an issue with the location of the sensor. If the relocated sensor works fine next to the non-working sensor, it is likely an issue with the sensor itself.
- If the problem is with the location, try re-positioning the device higher or lower on the door or window (if a door or window sensor is failing) or higher or lower on the wall (if it is a motion or glass break that is failing).
- If the problem is with the sensor, you will need to replace the sensor as it is defective.
To clear trouble beeps on a Simon XT system press the Status button immediately followed by the Disarm button on the keypad. If the issue still exists the trouble beeps will resume every four (4) hours after this operation. To disable trouble beeps on the XT use this article.
To clear trouble beeps on the Simon XTi press the gear icon in the bottom right corner of the home screen, then press the Listen icon immediately followed by the Clear icon. (Might say "Hear" instead of "Listen"). If the issue still exists the trouble beeps will resume every four (4) hours after this operation. To disable trouble beeps on the XTi use this article.
To clear the status from a Qolsys IQ panel, press the status icon on the Home or Apps page, select the tab for alerts, then check the boxes to the left of each alert (to clear).
To clear status from a Qolsys IQ Gen 2 panel, press the envelope icon in the top right of the home screen, then select the tab labeled MESSAGES/ALARMS/ALERTS, then fill in the bubble to the left of each alert (to clear).