There are different standard operating procedures for dispatch for Burglary, Fire, Panic, and Medical alarms. (These apply to both Residential and Commercial accounts).
Standard Operating Procedures for Burglary Dispatch:
- The Central Station is required to call the two verification phone numbers, before dispatching. This is to prevent false alarms and to verify whether it is a false alarm or not. If a false alarm (master) passcode is given at either number, then no more calls will be made on the alarm.
- If there is no answer at either number, or if the person who picks up the phone gives the fake password, a wrong passcode, or no passcode, then the Police will be dispatched.
- After the Police is dispatched, then the persons on the notification-only list will be called and notified of the alarm and the dispatch.
Standard Operating Procedures for Fire Dispatch:
- The Central Station will dispatch the Fire Department first.
- Then the persons on the notification-only list will be called.
Standard Operating Procedures for Panic or Medical Dispatch:
- The Central Station will dispatch either the Police Department or the Ambulance (depending on what kind of Panic signal came through).
- After dispatch, the notification-only list will be called.
Requests for changes to these standard operating procedures must be submitted to the Monitoring Department at SafeMart, or directly to the Central Station, by calling (800) 628-6093 ext. 8990, or (866) 265-2065.