This article will describe how to add a GSMV cellular module on to your Vista Series alarm system. You will want to write down the MAC and CRC numbers off the cellular module, SafeMart will need these to activate the service.
Connecting the cellular module
Here is a diagram of the cellular module connections, you will need 4 conductor 22 gauge wire to connect the cellular module to the control panel. You will also need 2 conductor 18 gauge wire to connect the transformer.
Power down the control panel by disconnecting the transformer and battery, and connect the 4 wires from the control panel to the cellular module (your connections to the control panel will be added on top of any wires already connected to those terminals). Then connect the wires from the cellular module to the included transformer. Connect the cellular module battery and then plug in the transformer. Once the cellular module is powered up then power the control panel back up, battery first then transformer.
Programming the control panel
You will need to program a few fields in the control panel to tell it to use the cellular module.
1. From your keypad with the system disarmed, enter (4112)+(800).
2. Hit (*)+(29)+(1)+(*) to enable the cellular module then (0)+(*) to quit that section.
3. Hit (*)+(55)+(1) to make the cellular module the primary communication.
4. Hit (*)+(64)+(10) so that you can test the communication later.
5. Hit (*)+(99) to exit programming.
A "Check 103" or "bF" on your keypad indicates one of the following, with the most likely problems first.
- The cellular module cover is removed. Check that the cover is on securely.
- The cellular module is not registered or the account is not activated. Contact SafeMart to check if the module is registered, this is typically done at the activation appointment.
- The control panel lost communication with the cellular module. Check the wiring connections and make sure they are all correct and secure.
- The cellular module has a low battery. Make sure the battery is connected, it may need 24 hours to charge, or you may need to power down and then power up with battery first.
- The cellular module has lost AC power. Check the wiring connections to the transformer and make sure the outlet is working.
- The cellular module communication has failed. Check the signal strength lights on the board and make sure it is in the green.