1. Open the Brown Project Box (Recommended: remove the door from its hinges).
2. Insert the Communicator wires through an opening on the side of the Project Box.
3. Disconnect the system battery wires and connect the Communicator wires to the battery first. (Red to red, black to black)
4. Re-connect the system battery wires on top of the Communicator. You’ll notice a Y-bracket to keep the wires in place.
5. Connect the Communicator wire to the system. Red wire going to “Ring” and Black wire going to “Tip”. You'll be able to identify where the Ring and Tip are located by looking at the Summary Sheet on the inside of the Project Box Door.
6. Connect the antenna to the top of your communicator.
7. Prepare to mount the communicator by removing the covers off the tape on the back of the device.
8. Place the Communicator on the wall next to the Project Box.
9. Re-connect the door to the Project Box.
Test Signal Strength
At the top right corner, there are 6 LEDs, the top 4 give you the bars of signal strength. You will need at least 2 bars to get an acceptable signal with the monitoring station.
If the signal is below 2 bars, you will need to install longer wiring and re-locate the communicator to a new location to improve the connection. If you need assistance relocating the communicator, contact our SafeMart Support Team.
SafeMart Tech Support: (785)-321-3103