To add a second keyad to a fully operational Vista panel please follow the instructions below:
- First, you need to power the system down, A/C and battery power.
- Then wire up the new keypad to your alarm panel.
- Now power up the system by connecting the battery first, then plugging it into the wall outlet.
- On your new keypad press and hold both the 1 and 3 keys simultaneously within 45-50 seconds of powering the system back up.
- Set the address to 17 then press star.
* Vista 10SE panels will need the address set to 31
Once you have this done you will need to go to your first keypad which should be your programming keypad (6160). We need to get into system programming and enable the new keypad. Enter in your "Installer code + 800" and your screen should read ''Installer code 20''. Enter in *190 then 10 and the panel should chime 3 times. Now enter in *99 to exit programming.
* The above step is not necessary for Vista 10SE panels
Congratulations you have now successfully added a second keypad to your system.