There are a few hardwired sirens compatible with the Simon XTi. Below is an explanation on how to do the wiring.
- The siren has a black and a red wire. These wires go to 2 different locations on the panel
- These connections are on the inside of the panel. We need to remove the front cover to expose these ports. Pry off the white trim ring around the face of the panel, you can use a screwdriver in the slot at the bottom right corner to pry it off.
- Once the trim is off, lift up on the two white tabs along the top of the panel, and pull the face toward yourself.
- The ports are located on the bottom left-hand corner of the panel. The black wire goes to the terminal marked "HW1 (I/0)", the red wire connects to the terminal next to it marked "HW1&2 (DC Out)".
- You must now add the 4.7 KOhm resistor. This resistor is going to be place in such a way as to connect the black and the red wires together. This can be done at the ports if necessary but it is preferred if the resistor is placed at the siren end of the wires so that the siren can be supervised by the panel if they are cut.
- To have this above stated supervision we will need to change one siren option in our programming.
- Click on the gear icon and arrow down to the last page an click on "Programming", push Ok, enter 4-3-2-1 (default dealer code) and push OK again. Contact your security provider for the code if it has been changed.
- Click on "System Options"
- press on "HW1 Function", and select Exterior Siren" and press "Save".
- Click on "Siren Options" and check "HW siren sup." and then press "Close".
- Push "Close" two more times to get out of programming.
*NOTE: The alarm control panel will support a maximum of 250mA. (You are OK using 2 Bloodhound Sirens).