If this is an issue, you can easily verify the names of your sensors and then update the settings in the touchscreen. These simple instructions will save you time and can help you customize your system just the way you want it.
The touchscreen, panel and system determines what doors and windows you have by the descriptors you give it. If your Doors and Windows are not named correctly (e.g. Front Window, Back Door, etc. rather the name is just (Back, Front, Dining Room etc.) you will want to change it to (Front Window, Dining Room Door etc.).
Updating the names is easy to do in either of two ways:
- Directly in the System Panel (available for all XTi Panels)
- Online Using your Alarm.com services (if you have this level of monthly service)
If all of your door & window sensor names are correct, then skip to the touchscreen instructions at the bottom of this to update the touchscreen settings.
Here is how to update sensor names from the main Simon XTi keypad (see below for an easier method if you have LiveWatch Interactive):
- Press the "Gear Icon" then hit "Clear" witch is under "Panel Status",
- Now Arrow down to the last page and press "Enter" under "Programming" > Enter Installer code (Default = 4321) > Press (Ok) >
- Press "Sensors"
- Press "Edit Sensor"
- Arrow through the Sensors until you find [SN # GRP 10 Name] > Press "Edit" to select the Group Number
- Make sure that it is either 10 or 13 (for this type of Window/Door Sensor, other types of sensors have other numbers here)
- Press the box the has the name of the sensor > Then hit "Edit"
- If the name is not correct "e.g. Dining Room Door, Garage Door, Bedroom Door", you will need to
- Use the UP and DOWN arrow keys to change the name to the appropriate name >
- Select the box with the name you would like to change it to >
- Press "Save"
- It will the say "Processing your request" once the screen clears you are finished
- If there are more sensors that need to have the name changed then continue to arrow through the other sensor and repeat the process above.
- When you are done changing the names press the "Close" button 3 times and then Press the "Gear Icon" then immediately hit "Clear"
- Once you do that hit "Close" and you are finished
Alternatively, if you have either Mobile Pro or Total Home, you can set the names remotely using the Control Panels settings in the Security menu (see below):
You can then update those names on the Touchscreen by doing the following:
- On the Touchscreen press "Settings" and the look for and press the "Hear" button.
- After that open the door or window and leave it open (it can take up to 5 min for the information to process)
- The Interface notification on the Touchscreen should change from a Green Check mark to a Red Exclamation mark this will indicate that the Touchscreen is working properly.