To clear a low battery on your new Simon XTi, do the following:
- Make sure your system is Disarmed.
- Remove the AC power transformer from the wall outlet.
- Pull the outer white frame (also known as the Trim Ring or Siding) of the system off, and then open up the panel by gently pressing up on the two tabs, and pulling the top of the panel up. This article is helpful in opening the Simon XTi)
- Disconnect the battery by pinching the black clip and pulling the battery from the master control unit.
- Wait 10 Seconds
- Plug the battery back in, close the panel, and then replace the white frame.
- Connect the AC power transformer back to the wall outlet.
- Press the gear button, then press "Listen", and your panel should say "System OK".
Note: You will NOT lose any sensor programming when you do this.