To perform a sensor test please follow the steps below:
1) Press the "Gear Icon". Scroll down to "System Test"
2) Enter into "System Tests". Enter your "Master Code" default it is set to "1234" then hit "OK"
3) Press "Sensor Test"
4) You will now have to go to all of your sensor and test them. See sensor list below on how to test each sensor.
- Door/Widow Sensor - Open and close the door/window
- Motion - disconnect the front of the motion sensor from the back plate the snap it back on. There is a ribbed button you press on the top of the motion which will allow you to do this.
- Smoke or Heat Detector - Twist off the cover as you would do to get to the batteries then put it back on.
- Carbon Monoxide Detector - Slide the Carbon Monoxide Detector up off the mounting plate then slide it back on.
- Touchscreen - See Below
5) Each time you test a sensor it will beep at the control panel. If you look on the display you will see that the sensor you just tripped will have a number under "Rounds Detected" this is the signal strength between the sensor and the Simon XTi. It is recommended that each sensors needs to have a signal strength of 4 or higher.
6) Once you have tripped all the sensor it will tell you the sensor test is complete. Press the "Close" button 3 times to exit to the main screen then you are finished.
If you would like to watch an instructional video, check it out below:
Note: For the newest revision of the touchscreen, you will need to press the gear icon in the bottom right hand corner, then press the down arrow 2 times. Then press the button marked Test.