Devices must be within 6 ft of the Simon XTi when adding them to the network. If a device will not be within 6ft of the Simon XTi in its permanent installed location, include it in the network either before permanently mounting the panel or before installing the device.
The following information will show you how to add your Kwikset Deadbolt/Lever to your Simon XTi. Before we continue, it's good to make sure your Z-wave network is clean and ready to properly add to your system. To do this, we have to delete the device from the network, this will work even though it has not been added to the panel yet. Click here for how to clean the network.
1. Select the “Gear Wheel”
2. Scroll down until you reach “Programming”
3. Enter “Programming”
4. Apply your master code, select "Ok".
5. Select “Interactive Services”
6. Select “Z-wave”
7. Select “Add Device”
8. Your panel will display, "Press button on device to add...".
9. On your deadbolt, remove the casing by pulling upward.
10. Press the white button at the top left side of the interior. A red light will appear underneath the paper indicating the learning of the device into the network.
11. After 10-20 seconds of waiting, your Simon XTi will beep and show, “Device # Added”. Make sure the red light turns off and they wait another 10-20 seconds before closing out of the menu. Select “Close”.
12. Select “Update 2WTTS”
13. Select “Locks”
14. Select “Update”
15. It will display “Locks have been updated.” Select “Close” until you reach the home screen.
16. Select the “Gear Wheel”
17. Scroll down until you reach “Door Lock”.
18. Enter into “Door Lock”.
19. When this is selected, you have the capability of controlling your locks wirelessly from your security system.