Make sure your system is disarmed during this process. Start by selecting “Settings”
Enter your “Installer Code”, in this case I’m going to use the default which is “1111”
Select “Security Sensors”
Select “Auto Learn Sensor”
At this point, you’ll need to tamper the CO detector by twisting the back plate counterclockwise and removing the back plate from the body of the device.
Once this is done, the IQ Panel will beep and ask if you want to add the device to your sensor list. Select“OK”
Here you will need to program the proper information for this device.
- Sensor DL ID:
- Sensor Type: Select “Carbon Monoxide”
- Sensor Name: Select an appropriate name for the sensor or create a "Custom Description"
- Chime Type: This allows you to apply a specific sound to your device when it’s used.
- Sensor Group: This is used to change the behavior of the device. For this device, leave the Sensor Group alone.
- Voice Prompts: This allows you turn on or off the vocal chime.
When ready, select “Add New”
You’re done! Reconnect the back plate to the body of the CO detector.